Ipe' Hardwood Decking
Nothing keeps its integrity or lasts as long!
is the finest quality wood available. From the Atlantic City Boardwalk, to Las
Vegas' Resort Hotel Treasure Island, to your own backyard, nothing keeps its
integrity or lasts as long as Ipe'. Pronounced ee-pay, this exotic hardwood is
naturally resistant to rot and decay, is 8 times harder than Redwood, and is
guaranteed for 25 years without preservative treatment. Our high-end Ipe’ line
is shipped both in air-dried and kiln-dried lumber. Although
air-dried lumber offers the best price point, kiln-dried lumber reduces the
excessive shrinkage and sticker stain issues that you may encounter with an
air-dried product, particularly in dry, hot climates.
• Hand Rail System
• Decking & Accessories
• Joists, Stringers, Treads, Risers, Skirting
• Pattern Stock
• Deck Plugs
Hard Wood Decking
A fine and distinctive hardwood, Ipe's natural properties make it a superior decking material for both residential and commercial applications. This exceptionally beautiful line is now offered kiln-dried,
air-dried and pre-finished.
- Shipped kiln-dried and air-dried
- An extremely dense, tight-grained wood. Rich brown with some pieces displaying red and amber hues. No knots, no sap.
- Surfaced-four-sides. Remains smooth and splinter free
- First quality, premium selected heartwood
- Pre-finished with Messmer’s UV Plus for Hardwoodsä - a high quality penetrating natural oil finish with U.V. inhibitors formulated specially for hardwoods such as Ipe’ and Mahogany. Exceptional color retention, the UV Plus deepens the color of the wood and highlights the grain.
- Fire rating – Class A NFPA, Class 1 UBC
- Virtually maintenance free
- Weathers naturally to beautiful silver gray. If the desire to maintain Ipe's rich natural walnut finish is required, simply apply a quality penetrating oil finish with a UV sun block.
- 25 year transferable warranty
- Complementing accessories include balusters, handrails, posts, timbers, and fascia boards. Fastening systems, UV coating and end sealant also available.
Joists, Stringers, Treads, Risers, Skirting
A wide range of dimensional lumber sizes and profiles are available to compliment any design.
A variety of patterns are available. Call for a complete listing.
We carry Swan Secure Stainless Steel Fasteners, Anchorseal End-Sealer and Messmer's UV Finishes and Cleaners.
The tropical forests of South America are an immense resource that must be carefully managed for long term sustainability. We encourage all of our suppliers to follow the best industry practices, minimizing damage to the environment and maximizing the economic value from the forest. Tropical logging is done on a selective basis, as mandated by the governments of Brazil. Because of this selective harvesting, smaller trees are left standing and mature seed trees are left in place. The same section of forest can then be cut again in the next logging cycle in 40 to 60 years.
Installation Instructions (Kiln-Dried)
Installation Instructions (Air-Dried)
How To Stain A Hardwood Deck
Decking Comparison Chart